The Proxy Solution
Once upon a time a small group of men
had a very large vision - a government of the people, by the people and for the people.
Somewhere in history we lost our way.
The United States Government is now broken.
- With less than 600 members in Congress to serve more than 300 million citizens there is no way so many individual voices can be heard.
- Lobbyists have grabbed the attention of Congress, bent their will, and moved our nation in the wrong direction.
- As Congress grows arrogant with indifference, there is little at our disposal to increase government accountability.
We need a solution that can affect government in a positive way without being too demanding for our citizens.
The Proxy Solution is a simple, practical approach for improving democracy here in these
United States. It inserts a new layer of representation between Congress and the people. In this new model, Proxies will
- Listen to the needs and concerns of 5,000 to 10,000 citizens with whom they see eye to eye on most issues.
- Speak to Congress with a single voice that is backed by the collective will of thousands.
- Report to the people on how well their needs are being represented by their Congressmen.
- Work with citizens to propose and promote sensible legislation to the lawmakers in Washington.
- Inspire a purer form of democracy as citizens finally re-engage with their government.
The Proxy Solution is the natural response of a people to broken democracy.